PUTRAJAYA, March 31 (NNN-BERNAMA) — The next two weeks of the Movement Control Order (April 1-14) will be crucial, says Malaysia’s
Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah.
This period will indicate whether the steps so far that have been taken by the government in the fight against the new coronavirus (COVID-19) spread have had the desired impact, he said during the daily press update on the COVID-19 development here today.
During the first two weeks of the implementation of the MCO beginning March 18, the daily trend has shown an increase, and occasionally sideways, in new cases recorded, he said.
During the same period the number of daily discharged cases had also increased.
During the first week of the MCO (March 18-25), the daily new cases were between 117 and 212 cases, while in the second week (March 21-31) showed the highest number of new cases recorded at 235 and the lowest was at 130 cases.
“This data shows the impact of the activities conducted by the Ministry of Health (MOH) and various agencies in the last one month (including during the MCO period).