Two Jordanians Kidnapped In Libya Set Free

AMMAN, Sept 19 (NNN-PETRA) – Jordan said that, two of three Jordanians who were kidnapped in Libya last year, have been released.

Jordan’s Foreign Minister, Ayman Safadi, received a phone call last week, from his Libyan counterpart, Mohamed El Taher Seyala, over Tripoli’s decision to release the two Jordanians, the Ministry’s Spokesperson, Sufian Qudah, said in a statement.

The Jordanian official thanked the Libyan authorities for securing the release and safe return of the Jordanians kidnapped in Libya last Aug.

The three Jordanians had been first held by Libyan militant group, but were then handed over to another, delaying efforts to secure their release. The Libyan authorities located the kidnapped and referred their case to the concerned authorities.

The Jordanian authorities, said that, they will continue to work with the Libyan authorities, to ensure the release of the third person.– NNN-PETRA