COLOMBO, Sri Lanka, April 24 (NNN-AGENCIES ) – The terrorist group Daesh has claimed the attacks on hotels and Christian churches in Sri Lanka with 321 dead. The authenticity of the acceptor’s message was initially not checked independently.
The IS-speaking Amak reported on Tuesday in the social networks that the attackers who carried out the attacks on “citizens of the coalition and the Christian community” had been fighters of the Daesh militants
By “citizens of the coalition,” IS means citizens of countries belonging to the international anti-IS coalition that is fighting the terrorist militia in Syria and Iraq.
The letters of acceptance were sent via the usual channels in the social networks, in which the IS had already claimed attacks in the past. Daesh militants is defeated in its home base in Syria and Iraq. But experts continue to warn against the threat of extremist attacks.
Two brothers among assassins
Two of the suicide attacks on hotels in Colombo were apparently perpetrated by a Muslim couple from Sri Lanka . The sons of a wealthy spice merchant had turned out to be guests and blew themselves up in hotels Shangri-La and Cinnamon Grand, the AFP news agency learned on Tuesday from police circles.
An investigator said the brothers were both in their late twenties and formed a “terror cell” within their family. They are leading members of the Islamist group National Thowheeth Jama’ath (NTJ). It was also said that an attack on a fourth hotel had been planned, but failed. Whether the bomb was intentionally ignited there or did not work, was initially unclear.
The attacks on three hotels and three churches were, according to initial findings of the government in Sri Lanka in retaliation for the attack on mosques in New Zealand Christchurch in March thought. Deputy Defense Minister Ruwan Wijewardene said in the island state parliament. More than 500 injured were treated according to the police still in hospitals.
President Maithripala Sirisena declared a public emergency. The unspecified provisions came into force on the night of Tuesday, which was declared a national day of mourning. In the morning, three minutes of silence were held. Numerous burials were planned. In Negombo, where a church had been attacked on Easter Sunday, there was a mass burial.