COLOMBO, April 22 (NNN-AGENCIES) — The death toll from Sunday’s terror attacks in Sri Lanka has risen to 290 by Monday morning with 500 injured, Police Spokesman Ruwan Gunasekara said.
Sri Lanka’s Daily Mirror reported Gunasekara saying 24 suspects were also already in CID custody.
He said the bodies of 66 victims had been placed at the National Hospital while 260 injured were receiving treatment there. The bodies of another 104 victims were placed at the Negombo Hospital and another 100 injured were receiving treatment at the same hospital.
Meanwhile, speaking to the Daily Mirror, Director of the National Hospital Dr. Anil Jasinghe said eleven foreign nationals from Poland, Denmark, China, Japan, Pakistan, USA, India, Morocco and Bangladesh were among the dead at the National Hospital.
The Director also said that 30 individuals were admitted to the Colombo North Hospital with injuries, while 69 were admitted to the Batticaloa Hospital, 55 at the Negombo hospital and 14 injured children were admitted to the Lady Ridgeway Hospital.